As you know the iPod Touch did not get the Google Street View as in the iPhone Firmware 2.2 update. But i have some good news iPod Touch Fans member timmyj9 played around with the Firmware and found a hack to enable the feature.
1. get this file via ssh: /System/Library/CoreServices/SpringBoard.app/N45AP.plist
2. convert to xml at http://iappcat.com/plist/bin2xml
4. save then using that website again reconvert to binary
5. rename original file N45AP.old
6. copy new N45AP.plist in (make sure permissions are 644)
7. reboot ipod
all new Maps features work however you get a searching for service (replaces the word ipod in the top left) and waiting for activation message that pops up occassionally, music settings disappear also music slot in prefs disappears (hjrry)
Hopefully someone can patch the frameworks or springboard which wouldnt require this to be done! Anyway if you're desperate to try it out, thats all that needs to be done theres nothing wrong with stability or anything so you're not going break anything permanately trying this out.
[Link to the post]